Intern, Credit & Private Investment Risk (July - December 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern, Credit & Private Investment Risk to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern, Credit & Private Investment Risk you’ll
- Assist with fundamental credit & investment analysis of potential transactions in the private debt, private equity, infrastructure and real estate sectors
- Help the senior members of the team with the preparation of investment reports and assignment of internal credit ratings for private market investments and assessing their impact on PSP’s total portfolio
- Collaborate with various teams on ongoing transactions and portfolio monitoring
- Support the Credit & Private Investment Risk team in producing and analysing risk reports
- Monitor market news with respect to PSP’s private market investments as well as the broader institutional investment world
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis and their interpretation
- Interest in business and financial analysis and financial modeling
- Team player and fast learner
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards a degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Science or Candidate in a Master’s Degree programme
- High academic achievement
- Professional or in-progress designation (e.g. CFA), an asset
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Experience with financial databases (Capital IQ, Bloomberg), an asset
- Additional languages are considered an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our London, UK offices.
Length of internship 4 to 6 months (July – December 2019)
Deadline to apply March 1st, 2019