Senior Analyst or Associate, Private Equity Funds and Syndicated Co-investments
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking a Senior Analyst or Associate, Private Equity Funds and Syndicated Co-investments, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives. The incumbent will work on all aspects of the PE funds and syndicated co-investment analytical process, relationship management, sourcing, and portfolio monitoring. In this role the Sr. Analyst or Associate will focus on North American investments, though meaningful exposure to European and Asian activities should be expected.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Senior Analyst or Associate, Private Equity Funds and Syndicated Co-investments you’ll
- Perform analysis of potential fund investment opportunities – market mapping, performance and portfolio fit analysis, meetings with prospective PE partners, peer and industry interviews
- Perform analysis of potential syndicated co-investment and secondaries investment opportunities – company and market research, financial and valuation analysis, communications with advisors and senior management teams, industry expert interviews, etc.
- Assist in due diligence – support the team across the various due diligence work streams on funds, syndicated co-investment and secondaries investment opportunities, helping to assess key investment merits and risks (financial, commercial, legal, structuring, tax, ESG and other work streams)
- Prepare and present investment recommendation memorandums and other internal/external materials
- Participate in managing and monitoring primary fund relationships – perform forecasts on primary funds investments, source co-investment, and secondaries opportunities, and prepare periodic investment reports
- Contribute to ad hoc research and strategic projects
The role entails business travel largely across North America and on occasion globally.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken with ability to articulate and present facts and ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Solid understanding of corporate finance and key accounting principles
- Strategic thinker, with some understanding of portfolio construction concepts
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation; strong analytical and quantitative skills, with proficiency in financial modelling (LBO)
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate; proactive attitude and deep sense of ownership and initiative
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Excellent academic credentials; a business, economics or scientific degree is preferred, but other degrees will also be considered
- Professional designations (MBA, CA, CFA or CBV, LLB, obtained or in progress) are preferable
- One (1) to four (4) years of experience with relevant exposure to transactions and investment analysis, in environments such as investment banking, secondary or co-investment funds, or consulting
- English required. Knowledge of foreign languages and international experience will be considered a plus
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we will interview candidates as they come until we make the hire; therefore, candidates who submit their applications early will be at an advantage.
Applicants are encouraged to attach a cover letter.
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.