BI Solution Designer, Integration and Data Services
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
Reporting to the Director, Integration and Data Services, the BI Solution Designer models and integrates analytical solutions for all of the organization’s departments. The incumbent contributes actively to maintaining and developing business intelligence solutions and industry best practices. He or she will work in an agile delivery context.
- As a member of the Integration and Data Services team, contribute to maintaining and developing business intelligence solutions.
- With a very high level of expertise in querying structured and unstructured data, develop analytical solutions using an interactive, agile approach, together with the business lines to meet their needs.
- Contribute to the implementation of the new data platform in Azure.
- Disseminate the best practices relating to BI governance.
- Define development standards for solutions relating to architectural principles.
- Act as an expert for designing and creating delivery teams’ reports and dashboards.
- Ensure quality in the delivery and documentation of development activities.
- Promote the BI center of expertise among the business lines.
- Collaborate and share ideas with communities of practice.
- Work closely with the enterprise service bus support team to reinforce the administration, use and improvement of master data management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or MBA, an asset
- Minimum of seven to ten years of relevant experience, including five years in business intelligence (BI)
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft BI suite (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI and SSRS visualization tools
- Extensive experience in relational and dimensional modelling
- Familiar with Cloud Azure, Big Data, and Data Lake
- Experience with R, Matlab or Python language, an asset
- Experience in finance, an asset
Knowledge & Skills
- Sense of initiative to ensure files are moving forward effectively
- Strong analytical skills and a proven creative approach to problem solving
- Result-oriented with a focus on client satisfaction
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills; team player
- Dynamic and autonomous; motivated by new challenges
- Ability to act under pressure
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Ethics and professional integrity
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.