Analyst, IT Production Support (Temporary - 12 months)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Analyst, IT Production Support, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Analyst, IT Production Support, you will
Provide first- and second-tier support for the production environments under the responsibility of your sector
- Carry out deployments in the various preproduction and production environments and take care of any other changes in the environments under the sector’s responsibility;
- Together with the other team members, take responsibility for and intervene in the event of incidents affecting the systems under the sector’s responsibility, including diagnosis, resolution, follow-up in the case of escalation and post-mortem, as applicable;
- Look after standard and non-standard requests; analyze requests and, if applicable, forward them to the development sector and ensure follow-up;
- Take responsibility for the assigned problematic tickets and ensure their resolution;
- Provide information regarding the status of the production and pre-production systems according to the requirements.;
- Maintain and advance the application monitoring system and assign the best parameters considering the warnings to be issued;
- Maintain and advance the scheduler and ensure sound management of the sequence of work, avoiding all forms of conflict for all processes;
- Develop patch programs to allow for the implementation of automatic operations to optimize the work and the work of the employees in the sector;
- Manage and monitor the platforms assigned to you.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- A respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in information technology and/or any other combination of education and experience deemed equivalent
- Technical knowledge
- Microsoft environment
- Web farms, IIS and SharePoint
- Monitoring system (SCOM or similar)
- Scheduler (Tidal or similar)
- Middleware (Biztalk or similar)
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA) in a Microsoft environment
- PowerShell, XML and Transact-SQL
- ITIL processes
- Knowledge of finance and/or stock markets, fund management, brokerage and risk management, an asset
- Language requirement English/French
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.