Senior IT Auditor, Internal Audit
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking a Senior IT Auditor, Internal Audit, he or she will plan, participate in audit mandates and recommend value-added solutions. In addition, the incumbent will help to prepare audit reports on an ongoing basis. The incumbent will also be asked to conduct special internal consultation mandates from time to time. Internal audit activities involve all the company’s departments.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Senior IT Auditor, Internal Audit you will
- Coordinate and conduct internal audit mandates
- Plan the mandate so that it complies with the timeframes approved by the Audit Committee.
- Define the scope of the mandate, understand the operations of each group, identify the risks and controls involved and data analytics, when applicable.
- Conduct tests and document the conclusions.
- Document the observations, issue recommendations and validate them with the business groups.
- Propose value-added solutions for the company.
- Draft the detailed report and present it to the business groups that were audited.
- Draft the audit report presented to the Audit Committee.
- Establish relationships with the business groups and support them in soundly managing their processes, risks and controls.
- Share knowledge with the other members of the team.
- Follow up regularly on outstanding recommendations.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor of Commerce, business administration, or finance
- Professional accreditation CISA required, with CPA, CA, or CIA an asset
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in internal audit
- Experience in evaluating IT General Controls, IT Applications Controls, and System Generated Reports, required
- Experience in Asset Management, an asset
- Experience in a public accounting firm, an asset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Ability to work collaboratively in a project-team environment
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- High levels of autonomy with minimal supervision
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Integrity, rigour and attention to detail
- Ability to produce clear, concise, high quality reports in English
- Knowledge of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and of financial and operations audit techniques
- Bilingual (French and English)
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.