Manager, Investment Finance
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking a Manager, Investment Finance, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Manager, Investment Finance, you will
- Supervise a team made up of financial analysts responsible for accounting transaction entries in the two investment management and accounting systems. The team is also responsible for reconciling investments and preparing portfolio accounting as well as subsidiaries' financial statements that are under their supervision
- Approve investment and subsidiary transactions in the transaction system for the private market classes, including Infrastructure, Private Equity and Complimentary Portfolio
- Be responsible for preparing the quarterly management report presented to the Investment and Risk Committee, which outlines the quarterly financial performance of all PSP investments
- Serve as a liaison agent between the Investment Support teams and the Investment Finance department. In addition, act as the main contact person for interactions with managers and senior managers of the Taxation and Legal departments regarding all information on legal structures and subsidiaries
- Be responsible for managing and preparing financial information and related controls for approximately 50 Canadian and international subsidiaries
- Work collaboratively with the Director and actively contribute to the team’s operational and strategic decisions
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Team management skills
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time
- Ability to go above and beyond and adapt to change in a fast-growing company
- Ethical judgement and result-oriented
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with specialization in accounting or finance
- Professional designation in accounting
- A minimum of seven (7) years of related work experience in finance, preferably in investment accounting or investment transactions
- Experience in personnel management
- Strong proficiency with Windows tools, more specifically, Excel
- Excellent knowledge of portfolio accounting
- Proven experience in the private market portfolio valuation process
- Understanding of financial reporting standards, controls and practices
- Bilingual, English and French (written and oral) required
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.