Senior Analyst, Procurement
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking a Senior Analyst, Procurement, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As Senior Analyst, Procurement, you will
- Prepare, negotiate and settle contractual agreements with suppliers, while working closely with internal stakeholders
- Manage and track PSP's procurement contracts across the various categories in a context of transformation of the Procurement function, where processes and tools are currently under definition
- Act as primary contact person for internal clients to optimize the submission process, including evaluating the options that best meet PSP’s needs
- Implement commercial strategies to optimize contractual agreements signed by PSP
- Monitor supplier performance and contractual commitments while managing the relationship
- Rigorously track each contract to plan its renewal and/or exit strategy in a timely manner and ensure that each step is correctly documented in the appropriate system (communications, decisions, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with PSP’s acquisition procedure and services, internal controls and confidentiality agreements at all times
- Coordinate submission processes, including information, pricing and requests for proposals, and participate in selecting suppliers
- Manage all operations related to each submission, including some more administrative tasks (reviewing and sending submission requests, creating requisitions and purchase orders, etc.)
- Negotiate strategic agreements while ensuring compliance with PSP policies and internal clients’ requirements
- Act as a point of contact for internal clients based on the various categories and provide guidance on best business practices (including needs assessment), with the support of the legal department, as needed
- Act as the sole reference point for all communications between PSP and bidders/suppliers
- Contribute to the coordination and alignment of business tools and processes to optimize deliverables (quality, time, etc.)
- Cooperate in supporting designated team members in their development and management of the current transition to facilitate the implementation of the vision of the Procurement function
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent proven negotiation skills in different categories and environments; solid experience in IT contracts, a major asset
- High level of proficiency in purchasing processes and in preparing and reviewing contract requests for proposals (RFP)
- Proven interpersonal skills to support and manage internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously, show initiative and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders at various levels within the organization
- Team spirit in a context of multi-disciplinary mandates requiring sharing information
- Ability to grow in a transformational environment with tools and processes still under development
- Skills and aspiration to coach team members
- Accountability, focus on results and continuous improvement in a context of transformation
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to details, proactive and strong organizational skills
- Work ethic and professional integrity
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, law or IT
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant experience
- Bilingual (French and English)
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.