Architect, IT Security
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Architect, IT Security, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of professionals, opportunities and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
Reporting to the Director, IT Security, the Security Architect provides the framework, guidance and support to IT and security initiatives in order to protect the corporate information systems. In this role, the incumbent will specifically focus on PSP’s security architecture, the security solution architecture implemented as part of the security program and the integration of security in the corporate information systems.
As an Architect, IT Security, you’ll
- Develop the strategic vision of the security architecture, in line with corporate and IT architecture strategies
- Assist in developing security guidelines, principles and standards
- Produce security solution architectures and support design and integration teams up to delivery
- Support IT solution architects, designers and delivery teams to ensure that solutions delivered are secure and comply with security architecture principles and rules
- Act as security expert during architecture and solution reviews for various IT projects
- Participate in risk evaluation activities and the development of mitigation plans
- Keep abreast of trends, threats, new technologies and approaches to support security planning
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Effective communication skills, open-mindedness and active listening skills
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Drive to pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek out alternative perspectives
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree, certificate or master’s degree in the information technology field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional certification (CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, CEH, etc.)
- At least eight years of professional experience in IT security
- Strong leadership influencing skills, sense of organization and discipline
- In-depth knowledge of traditional and modern security concepts and mechanisms
- Extensive knowledge of current business technological environments Microsoft (Windows, Azure, O365), VMware, Cisco, Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), etc.
- Understanding of delivery approaches Agile and DevOps
- Bilingual (English/French)
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.