Senior Analyst, Real Estate Investments
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking a Senior Analyst, Real Estate Investments to join our growing London team. In this new role, the successful hire will contribute to the growth and management of our world class global real estate portfolio of assets (CAD$23.2 Billion), which features broad sectors and geographies. We prefer to own assets directly with first class partners that have local expertise.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Senior Analyst, Real Estate Investments you’ll
Be heavily involved in supporting all aspects of the real estate investments and the asset management process.
- Support investment managers in the analysis of potential real estate transactions across all asset classes including residential, office, retail, and industrial assets, and, transactions in various forms direct asset transactions, corporate transactions, secondary share, private funds, etc.
- Develop and validate financial models related to real estate investments (debt or equity)
- Analyze cash flows and project returns
- Analyze the impact of different assumptions on performance revenue, operating expenses, financing, tax, fees, etc.
- Analyze investment risks
- Analyze the asset’s operating budget and financial statements
- Analyze the partnership structure
- Participate in presenting investment opportunities at weekly Global Real Estate Committee meetings
- Participate and support investment managers in the due diligence process
- Summarize and follow up on external reports (physical, environment, financial, legal, tax, insurance and other reports)
- Participate in drafting administrative documents
- Business plans for the various assets, presentations to PSP Investments’ Board of Directors, etc.
- Participate and support investment managers in active management of PSP Investments’ Real Estate portfolio
- Research, synthesize and analyze the real estate markets by asset type and by geography for targeted market and asset classes. Periodically follow up on the real estate business plans and analyze variances from the presented budgets
- Analyze and monitor real estate market values
- Monitor real estate indexes
Some travel will be required.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interest for the field of real estate investment
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Ability to build good relationships internally, as well as externally
- Ability to manage a number of different projects at any given time and to manage deadlines
- Good attention to detail and presentation of information
- Outgoing self-starter; high level of autonomy
- Proactivity, forward thinking and drive for results
- Strong team player
- Organized and methodical
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Work ethics and professional integrity
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Real Estate
- M.Sc. in Finance, CA or CFA designation are assets
- One to three years of relevant experience
- Experience in analysis of real estate (or real asset) transactions preferred
- High level of proficiency with computer tools such as MS-Office (most specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of ARGUS and @risk software, an asset
- English required, bilingualism an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our London offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.