Analyst, Investment Administration and Cash Administration
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Analyst, Investment Administration and Cash Administration to act as a contact person for operations related to the processing of daily cashflows, settlement of transactions, market events, specifically for dividend reinvestment, reconciliations and securities lending and borrowing within the Investment Administration and Cash administration team. The incumbent must monitor data comparison reports, perform research and various analyses related to his/her activities, send information to portfolio managers, answer the trustee within the prescribed timeframes and carry out follow-up for his/her activities. He/she is also responsible for preparing and analysing certain daily reconciliations.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Analyst, Investment Administration and Cash Administration you’ll
- Provide daily support for transaction matching, confirmations and settlements for all cash products (equities, bonds and money markets)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of OMGEO and settlement processes such as REPOS
- Perform daily funds transfers on various banking sites and in our SWIFT payment management system (MGPS), according to timeframes and our procedure
- Create new payment templates on various banking sites, Kyriba and in our SWIFT payment management system, according to our procedure
- Analyze discrepancies and/or incomplete transactions, contact stakeholders, if necessary, and make the appropriate corrections
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work as part of a team and strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive approach and initiative
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- Problem-solving skills
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent relevant experience
- Five (5) years of relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of the control environment, essential
- Administrative knowledge of the following financial products fixed-income securities, listed securities (Canadian and international)
- Knowledge of securities lending and borrowing
- Knowledge of bank cash flow management systems and SWIFT, for both Canadian and International
- Proficiency with computers — Excel (functions and macros), SQL and MS Office suite
- Fluent in English and French, spoken and written
- Practical knowledge of the accounting system Simcorp Dimension and OMGEO an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.