Analyst, Investment Finance
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Analyst, Investment Finance, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
You will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of financial data from investment accounting systems by carrying out analyses and reconciliations. You will prepare the consolidated investment-related financial statements and notes, and various internal management reports. You will calculate the net asset value of the Funds. You will contribute to the continuous improvement of departmental processes.
As an Analyst, Investment Finance, you’ll
- Validate the integrity of financial data in the accounting system and reconcile investment transaction journal entries to the general ledger.
- Calculate the Funds’ net asset value on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the monthly investment-related consolidated financial statements, in collaboration with Corporate Finance.
- Prepare the investment-related notes to the quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Be accountable for generating various weekly and monthly financial reports.
- Ensure reporting consistency between the financial statements, management reports and information provided to investment groups.
- Develop, implement and maintain the processes and controls necessary for preparing the investment-related consolidated financial statements.
- Maintain up to date documentation of various departmental procedures.
- As needed, assist the Senior Manager, Investment Finance, with various projects related to improving existing processes.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken, in English and French
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, specializing in Accounting or Finance
- Professional accounting designation, an asset
- A minimum of three years of investment accounting experience
- Experience in preparing investment-related financial statements, an asset
- Strong understanding of financial instruments, including derivatives and NAV calculation
- Understanding of investment accounting standards, controls and reporting practices
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, SimCorp Dimension (SCD) and facility in learning new systems
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.