Associate, Private Debt
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Associate, Private Debt to be an active contributor on our Private Debt team (“PD”), working on all aspects of the private debt lending process and monitoring including investment screening, financial modelling and accounting analysis, industry and sector analysis, transaction due diligence, participation in investment decision process, assisting with the drafting of legal documentation, preparation of investment recommendation memos and post-lending portfolio monitoring.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Associate, Private Debt, you’ll
- Perform preliminary analysis of PD investment opportunities review of public information, analysis of existing credit documents and review of equity, fixed income and ratings reports.
- Interface with Legal, Risk and Tax groups in the review of proposed investments.
- Participate in due diligence of PD investments, identify key investment merits and risks, meet with management teams, review data-room documentation and third-party reports.
- Build detailed financial models, including running downside scenarios, review of financial projections.
- Assist with the drafting of legal documentation, commitment letters as well as credit agreements.
- Participate in the preparation of investment recommendation memorandums for investment approval.
- Participate in the presentation of investment proposals to the Investment Committee.
- Develop relationships and liaise with investment professionals at PD’s partner firms.
- Review financial report packages from portfolio companies and explain variance vs. underwritten cases; and track performance vs. internal Risk Management Group (“RMG”) guidelines.
- Prepare periodic reports and undertake various analyses on portfolio status and performance.
- Interface with Accounting and Internal Control department as required.
- Perform any other tasks as may be required
Note High levels of commitment required. Travel required.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent financial and accounting analytical skills
- Project management skills and able to meet deadlines
- Good attention to detail and presentation of information
- Superior level of proficiency with business software and analytical tools
- English required, bilingualism an asset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Business or comparable university degree with high academic standing
- 3 to 5 years of experience performing the above tasks in investment banking, leveraged finance or on the buy-side
- Direct Private Debt investing experience is an asset
- Professional designation CA or MBA and/or completed final level of CFA designation is an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.