Senior Analyst, Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting ( 18 months)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Senior Analyst, Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.The incumbent is responsible for participating in month-end and quarter-end accounting cycles and the preparation of PSPIB’s Consolidated Financial Statements and its four plan sponsors as per IFRS.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Senior Analyst, Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting you’ll
- Participate in the month-end closing; preparing journal entries, bank reconciliations and month-end analysis
- Participate in the quarter-end closing; assist with the preparation of full quarterly financial statements (including notes) for PSPIB consolidated and its four pension plans in both official languages
- Participate in the year-end closing; prepare financial statements (including notes) for PSPIB consolidated and its four plans in both official languages, which include preparing PSPIB year-end audit working paper files and schedules, along with working in collaboration with auditors on interim work as well as year-end work
- Prepare monthly entries and financial statements for PSP Capital, PSPIB Defined Benefit Pension Plan and PSPIB Defined Contribution Pension Plan. Analyze balance sheet accounts and produce ad hoc reports
- Perform other related tasks, including participating in the implementation of process improvements and development of value-added reports
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Effective communications skills in English and French, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor in Accounting or equivalent
- Professional Accounting designation (CA, CPA, CGA or CMA) or in process of obtaining
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience
- High level of proficiency with Excel
- Knowledge of Dynamics D365, an asset
- Accountability and drive for results
- Work ethics and professional integrity
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.