Business Analyst, Service Delivery IT
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Business Analyst, Service Delivery IT who will participate in analysing clients’ needs using the source system and the ETL and reporting systems and in designing solutions aligned with the enterprise architecture. The incumbent will act as an advisor, will help the clients in finding solutions and will support them in the development of their self-service solutions.
In an Agile development framework, he or she will support developers during project design and development phases of elements related to product backlog items. The Business Analyst will perform or participate in testing. He or she will also be responsible for preparing clear and structured documentation. He or she will participate in the implementation and development of the analysis methodology and deliverables associated with the activities.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Business Analyst, Service Delivery IT, you’ll
- Understand in detail the operations and business processes of the Performance Measurement team
- Gather, document and analyze users’ business needs
- Turn business requirements into functional and configuration needs
- Follow up on various user queries
- Develop technological solutions, analyze their impacts and issue recommendations
- Assist development teams in producing their deliverables and participate in developing strategies and plans for implementing the solution (development, testing, implementation and deployment)
- Support users regarding the business/technological solution certification as part of the development of the strategy, plan and user acceptance test cases
- Participate in preparing user manuals
- Participate actively in deploying solutions in production
- Take responsibility for upgrading implemented solutions and provide support in the case of incidents or problems
- Comply with all applicable IT standards and procedures
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Good understanding of the investment field and financial transactions, knowledge of performance measurement, an asset
- Solid ability to write management rules, functional specifications, strategies and test plans
- In-depth knowledge of all phases of application system development based on Agile methodologies (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Practical and detailed knowledge of methodologies in application development and software integration
- Knowledge of a reporting tool, an asset
- Knowledge of coordinating multidisciplinary teams
- Bilingual (English and French), with solid oral and written communication skills in both languages
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to technology or combination of a college diploma and related experience
- Ten (10) years of experience in IT
- Experience working in investments or finance, experience in performance measurement, an asset
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of data analysis experience in a Microsoft environment (T-SQL, SSAS)
- Experience integrating data into reporting and visualization tools
- Experience developing applications designed in-house and deploying business solutions based on Agile methodologies and also an experience in implementation of solutions in the area of investment portfolio management
- Have been exposed to a software package integration and interface development
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.