Intern Analyst, Automated Test Development (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Automated Test Development, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Automated Test Development, you’ll
- Help in the design, implementation and/or update of automated tests based on specifications and/or requirements
- Assist with the maintenance, configuration and selection of test frameworks
- Participate in the planning, programming and the execution of automated tests
- Participate in the evaluation and the analysis of test requests
- Document, plan and execute tests scenario and/or test cases
- Analyze test results to help identify bugs that need to be resolved
- Participate in problem resolution and in bug fixes
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
- A respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Education level, degree(s)
- Bachelor-level education in Computer Science, Information Technologies, Computer Engineering or Information System Management (graduating in 2019 or 2020)
- Successfully completed previous internships in programming (a strong asset)
- Technical requirements (e.g. Excel, MS Office, VBA, C++)
- Good conceptual and practical knowledge of Object-oriented Programming
- Experience with OOP languages such as C#, Java or C++
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver, SpecFlow or Cucumber (a definite asset)
- Experience with modern tools TFS or Git, Visual Studio, Eclipse or IdeaJ (an asset)
- Knowledge of Behavior Driven Development, Specification By Example, and Page-Object Model concepts (an asset)
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Language needs
- Bilingual English and French
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.