Intern Analyst, IT Production Support (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, IT Production Support, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, IT Production Support, you’ll
- Monitor systems and handle alerts as per the established procedures
- Monitor emails sent to the Support mailbox and handle them as per the established procedures
- Gather and record the information needed to develop dashboards
- Provide information regarding the status of the production and pre-production systems according to the requirements
- Monitor the quality of the team’s tickets
- Propose all proactive actions that will continuously improve the tasks in the sector and the proper functioning of the systems
- Draft and maintain all documentation and procedures needed to carry out support tasks
- If required, take over certain duties from Infrastructure Support and the Service Desk
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Drive to pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek out alternative perspectives
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
- Respect for differences of opinion and inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or any other combination of education and experience deemed equivalent
- Technical knowledge (PowerShell, .Net)
- Language requirements French and English
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.