Intern Analyst, Investment Administration (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Investment Administration, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Investment Administration you’ll
- Provide assistance to the senior administrators and analysts in daily activities of the team
- Daily cash margin reconciliation between the accounting system and the clearing brokers
- Reconcile the transactions between the accounting system and the clearing brokers as well as external managers
- Enter and verify transactions in the systems
- Confirm the transactions and payments with brokers / counterparties
- Solve all transactions settlement problems
- Act as backup for senior administrator’s daily activities during holiday periods
- Assist in other various tasks, as required.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to quickly achieve proficiency in a variety of computer systems
- Excellent focus on detail, good organizational and priority-management skills
- Autonomy and initiative
- Accountability and results-driven
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of business administration (Finance or any related field)
- High academic achievement
- Academic knowledge of public market products (Fixed income, equities, money market, FX’s, derivative products)
- Good level of proficiency with MS Office suite; Bloomberg knowledge, an asset
- Bilingualism required
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.