Intern Analyst, Infrastructure Investments (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Infrastructure Investments to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Infrastructure Investments you’ll
- Support analysts and associates in the review and assessment of potential investment opportunities including
- Preparation of summary presentations and investment recommendations
- Financial analysis/modelling with a focus on validating business plan assumptions, identifying key value drivers and performing asset valuation
- Participate in due diligence through review of external consultant reports
- Support investment team members in management of assets within the infrastructure group’s portfolio
- Participate in the research and preparation of strategy papers focused on developing targeted strategies for sub-sectors of infrastructure the group may look at
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Positive proactive attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Excellent attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Self-started with a high level of autonomy
- Team player that thrives in a deadline driven/high performance environment
- Strong communications skills, both written and spoken
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
- A respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Enrolled in a Bachelors of Commerce or in a Masters in Business, Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- High academic achievement
- English required, bilingualism an asset
- Investment program an asset
- Experience in financial modeling/excel an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.