Intern Analyst, Private Equity Funds (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Private Equity Funds to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Private Equity Funds you’ll
- Screen and analyze PE fund investment opportunities
- Maintain and update the pipeline of prospective fund investments
- Prepare financial analyses on potential PE fund investments
- Conduct due diligence on potential PE fund investments
- Assist in the preparation of investment recommendation documents for investment approval
- Assist in post-investment monitoring of PE fund investments
- Participate in numerous aspects of PE portfolio tracking
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Drive to pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek out alternative perspectives
- A respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce or Master’s in Finance or;
- MBA or;
- Economics or Engineering while pursuing a minor in Finance
- High academic achievement
- High level of proficiency with computer tools such as MS Office (namely Excel and Power Point)
- English required, French is an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.