Intern Analyst, Global Investment Partnership Portfolio (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Global Investment Partnership Portfolio, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Global Investment Partnership Portfolio, you’ll
- Support the team with special projects and assist in the analysis of the portfolio
- Do financial modelling on multiple vectors including understanding the impact of various hedging strategies and new investments
- Help build additional analytical tools
- Provide support to the team to enable efficient decision-making and execution of transactions
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Enrolled in a Master program, ideally with a concentration in finance and/or a quantitative field (financial engineering, statistics, economics etc.)
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (particularly Excel) and programming experience (any of VBA, MathLab, R, C++ etc.)
- Experience in financial modeling and financial analysis (knowledge of Bloomberg and other investment software), an asset
- Pursuing a CFA designation, an asset
- English required, bilingualism an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.