Intern Analyst, Transversal Risk (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Transversal Risk to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Transversal Risk, you’ll
- Participate in providing a total fund risk view via existing tools, analyses and reports aimed at delivering on an ongoing basis information and recommendations in the following areas (note that this list is not exhaustive)
- Risk decomposition of private market investments
- Selection of proxies for new private markets investments and their regular review
- Exposure/concentration analysis
- Handle special requests from your immediate supervisor
- Participate with the Risk Management Group and other stakeholders by carrying out other tasks as required.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s degree in finance or economics
- CFA or enrolment in the program would be an asset
- Fundamental analysis
- Knowledge of markets and financial instruments
- Knowledge of Excel with an emphasis on database management and programming
- Excellent writing skills
- Pro-active, creative, innovative and open minded
- Abstract-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Integrity, sense of responsibility and results oriented
- English required, French is an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.