Intern Analyst, Portfolio Analytics and Investment Support (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Portfolio Analytics and Investment Support, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Portfolio Analytics and Investment Support you’ll
- Participate in the investment support structure to effectively manage requests for new types of financial instruments, mandates, strategies, brokers/counterparties, and markets. This entails managing the requests from the front office and coordinating with inside and outside business partners as required
- Actively participate in the production and improvement of management and investment reporting pertaining to the Public Markets portfolio and any other reporting requested by the Board of Directors, Senior Vice-President and/or other stakeholders
- Assist in conducting (product and mandate specific) business process reviews and optimizations for Public Markets; example FX hedging, product process documentation
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken.
- Excellent focus on details and good organizational skills
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s in Commerce, with a concentration in Finance
- Academic knowledge of financial products
- Excellent level of proficiency with MS-Office tools
- Programming skills (SQL, VBA), an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.