Intern Analyst, Legal Affairs (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Legal Affairs to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Legal Affairs, you’ll
- Assist one or more lawyers in the team with their work related to investment transactions worldwide in Public Markets, Private Equity, Infrastructure, Real Estate and Renewable Resources
- Legal work related to PSP Investments’ regulatory framework
- Legal work related to corporate law and PSP Investments’ various investment vehicles
- Updating of databases related to various agreements to which PSP Investments is a party
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Drive to pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek out alternative perspectives
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- First year university student registered to the B.C.L./LL.B. program
- Complementary education in finance or related field, an asset
- High academic achievement and interest in business law
- Good level of proficiency with MS Office tools
- Bilingualism required
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.