Intern Analyst, IT Operational Security (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, IT Operational Security, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, IT Operational Security, you’ll
- Perform duties required to ensure smooth IT security operations
- Monitor systems and activity logs and handle alerts
- Act on various requests regarding IT security operations
- Resolve IT security incidents and problems
- Test and install security patches
- Participate in various projects requiring IT security expertise
- Provide development, delivery and operations teams with support related to implementing changes involving IT security
- Recommend potential improvements to foster development and progress
- Apply and promote security policies, procedures, standards and requirements
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to understand business issues and integrate them into the development of solutions or controls
- Skilled at solving problems, identifying solutions and monitoring until resolved
- Proven team player
- Summarizing and popularization skills
- Dynamic, pragmatic and passionate about the field
- Integrity and professionalism
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Strongly focused on satisfying internal clients and meeting high quality standards
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- University degree (ongoing) Bachelor’s in Software Engineering or Information and Technology Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of networks, systems and security mechanisms
- Understanding of risk management concepts, principles and methodologies
- Understanding of cloud computing models, cloud risks and evaluation approaches
- Understanding of Agile, DevOps, SecOps and ITIL approaches and concepts
- Bilingualism required English and French
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.