Intern Analyst, Global Fundamental Portfolio (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Global Fundamental Portfolio to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Global Fundamental Portfolio, you’ll
- Support the analysts and portfolio managers in researching and analysing various sectors, markets and companies
- Participate in the design and development of Excel based investment management tools and models
- Extract Bloomberg data and manipulate data for macro analysis and charting
- Assist in other relevant tasks
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken.
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- A respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Enrolled in a Master’s or MBA program, concentration in Finance or Accounting
- High academic achievement
- High level of proficiency with computer tools such as MS Office (particularly Excel) and Bloomberg, VBA an asset
- Interest in economics and global equities
- Experience in financial modeling and financial analysis
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and other investment software
- English required, bilingualism an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.