Intern Analyst, Workstations (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Workstations, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Workstations, you’ll
- Configure, deploy, maintain, repair and support the workstations, including laptops, printers and other end user components
- Install and test customized configurations on various platforms and operating systems
- Standardize workstations, software and other end user components
- Resolve end user component-related incidents and trigger escalations to various departments and suppliers, if necessary
- Diagnose and solve unique and non-recurring problems associated with application software and operating systems, identify the source of the problems, and classify their level, priority and nature
- Carry out follow-ups after problem solving
- Assist other support teams in solving problems and seeking solutions
- Participate in developing alternative methodologies for performing tasks, fixing user errors and system inconsistencies to improve department operations
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently ask questions to help you solve problems
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Dynamic, pragmatic and passionate about the field
- Integrity and professionalism
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Strongly focused on satisfying internal clients and meeting high quality standards
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- College diploma (ongoing) in Computer Technology or equivalent
- Experience working in a Windows 10 and Office 365 environment
- Knowledge of workstation management tools and desktop applications
- Skilled at solving problems, identifying solutions and monitoring until resolved
- Understanding of Agile, DevOps, SecOps and ITIL approaches and concepts
- Proven team player
- Summarizing and popularization skills
- Bilingualism required
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.