Intern Analyst, Business Governance (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Business Governance to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Business Governance you’ll
- Participate in the update and review process of the key controls of PSP Investments (i.e. update of the Governance platform database, preparation of support material, etc.)
- Assist the Financial Governance team in the process of reviewing existing procedures (i.e. assist the team in updating procedures, integrating procedures into the PSP governance platform, perform translation of procedures etc.)
- Assist the team in the various activities related to the establishment of PSP Investments' international offices
- Assist the team in the various activities related to PSP's fraud management program (i.e. participate in the development of material supporting the conclusions of the various mandates etc.)
- Support the Business Governance team and the Director, Business Governance in various ad hoc requests
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Drive to pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek out alternative perspectives
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
- A respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s or master’s student specializing in accounting or finance
- Excellent academic results
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office programs such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Bilingualism (fluent in French and English)
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.