Intern Analyst, Continuous Improvement and Finance Systems (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Continuous Improvement and Finance Systems, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Continuous Improvement and Finance Systems, you’ll
- Contribute to building the foundation of a continuous improvement approach within the VP
- Facilitate a Kaizen workshop project aimed at improving processes
- Use Lean tools to analyze and create opportunities for operational efficiency
- Map current and future processes with the tool chosen to present them
- Manage the implementation of changes together with the team and internal clients
- Set documentation standards and train team members
- Coordinate the review of current operational procedures and improve documentation
- Suggest performance indicators for financial processes
- Develop the dashboard for the continuous improvement approach
- Monitor best practices and innovations for priority processes
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Proven initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Drive to pursue excellence, challenge the status quo and seek out alternative perspectives
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
- A respect for differences of opinion and inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or engineering, with completed training in continuous improvement (Lean/Six Sigma)
- Technical knowledge (strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
- Experience and interest in finance and technology, an asset
- Language requirements French and functional level of English
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.