Intern Analyst, Internal Audit (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Internal Audit, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Internal Audit you’ll
- Participate and support the internal auditors in completing the planned audits as per the Internal Audit Plan. This responsibility will encompass the following
- Participate in governance, risk and control assessments by documenting existing key processes and controls
- Participate in performing control testing
- Participate in the documentation of the audit results in accordance with the internal audit methodology
- Support the team in preparing information and data analysis
- Participate in the creation and implementation of internal auditing tools
- Provide assistance to the internal auditors in their daily activities
- Assist on other various tasks
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrate initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research and analysis
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
- A respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Student enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in a relevant field (Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, etc.)
- High academic achievement
- Strong proficiency with MS Office tools
- English required, bilingualism an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.