Intern Analyst, Investment Finance (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Investment Finance, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Investment Finance, you’ll
- Prepare and record the validation of transactions
- Prepare complete, accurate and timely information for accounting, reporting and management purposes, at month end, quarter end, year end and on an ad-hoc basis
- Participate in data gathering on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, to ensure the proper usage of the reporting system and to support the group in various financial analyses
- Participate in preparing financial statements and financial information deliverables related to subsidiaries
- Keep documentation related to complex subsidiary recognition updated in a timely manner
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Drive to pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek out alternative perspectives
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
- Respect for differences of opinion and inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration or Accounting (ongoing)
- Good understanding of private market investment operations, an asset
- Knowledge of fair value accounting practices, an asset
- Bilingualism required (fluency in French and English)
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.