Intern Analyst, Responsible Investment (May - August 2019)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Intern Analyst, Responsible Investment, to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Intern Analyst, Responsible Investment you’ll
- Carry out research and analyses related to the inclusion of Environmental, Social, and Governance (“ESG”) factors in PSP Investments’ portfolio or to cross-cutting themes (e.g., climate change, water management, working conditions and human rights, risk of corruption).
- Support the Responsible Investment team in assessing ESG factors related to potential transactions and investments as well as in assessing the ESG practices of external managers.
- Complete analyses, reports and various projects in support of the Responsible Investment team’s activities.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrate initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Proactive attitude and high level of autonomy
- Ability to work as part of a team; people skills
- Knowledge and general understanding of finance
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree or graduate program in a relevant field (finance, business, science, economics, engineering, environment)
- High academic achievement
- Good level of proficiency with MS Office suite
- English required; bilingualism, an asset
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Length of internship May to August 2019
Deadline to apply January 31, 2019
Visit us on LinkedIn.