Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives. The Director is responsible for delivering the Annual Budget and periodic forecasts as well as preparing the quarterly report to explain variances against the approved Budget to Management, and ultimately, to PSP’s Audit Committee. A skilled communicator and agile collaborator, the incumbent works closely with Human Resources, IT, and Business Planning to ensure a participative process that captures the needs and develops accurate cost estimates for each of the investment teams and business partners.
The challenge for this role is to drive change within and outside of Finance to evolve the role of Financial Planning & Analysis and help the team become a sought-after advisor to all investment teams and business partners and provide them with timely and relevant information that supports their decision-making processes.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Director, Financial Planning and Analysis you’ll
- Be responsible for the coordination of the budget cycle, engagement of all stakeholders in the preparation of estimates, the consolidation of the report and presentation to support Management’s discussion of the proposed Budget with the Audit Committee
- Establish the calendar and align interdependencies between Finance, IT and Business Planning to ensure a collaborative and inclusive budgeting process
- Responsible for coordinating and preparing the periodic management reports and quarterly Financial Highlight to the Audit Committee that outlines and explains budget variances
- Review analyses prepared by the Financial Planning & Analysis team to ensure the quality and relevancy of the analyses
- Develop and manage partnerships with diverse internal and external stakeholders as part of the financial process (monthly analyses, budgets, forecasts, peer benchmarking) and various projects
- Review project spend with Budget Owners and IT PMO to understand and explain budget variances
- Provide support to Business Planning to ensure the Strategic Initiative Dashboard aligns with the financial records from Accounting for each project
- Develop long-range estimates based on critical input from the Strategy/Business Planning team as well as the leaders of each Asset Class and Business Partners
- Ensure the financial estimates include a fair representation of the initiatives and goals identified in the strategic and operating plans
- Prepare report and presentation that synthesizes the long-range estimate and explain key hypothesis and variances to the approved Budget to support Management’s discussion of the plan with the Audit Committee
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills ability to relate to a diverse group of stakeholders, bilingual in written and spoken French and English
- Attention to detail and a sense of accuracy
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients, coaching skills
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Drive to pursue excellence and challenge the status quo to seek out alternative perspectives
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- University degree in Finance, Master’s in Business Administration an asset
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a similar position, preferably for a large organization, with demonstrated progression in complexity of roles, people leadership and talent development
- Proven track record for coordinating financial planning cycles and reporting functions across corporate and affility functions
- Ability to present and interact with Senior Management and be tacful in responding to needs and questions
- Outstanding organizational skills and strong influencer to ensure engagement from all stakeholdlers while driving tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite in particular, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Visit us on LinkedIn.