Manager, Real Estate Investments (London)
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking a Manager, Real Estate Investments to join our London team. Reporting to the Director, our successful hire will contribute to the growth and management of PSP’s global real estate portfolio of assets (CAD$23 billion), by taking an active role in both real estate transactions and asset management. Our London team looks at investments across all real estate sectors and up and down the risk spectrum, with a focus on Europe and APAC geographies. Our preferred approach is to own assets directly, in partnership with first class operating partners that have local expertise.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Manager, Real Estate Investments you will
- Take an active role in executing real estate acquisitions and disposals, including leading project management, overseeing financial analysis, managing due diligence workstreams and drafting investment documents. In addition, you will be responsible for coordinating with external consultants and partners, and internal departments and stakeholders.
- Have dedicated asset management responsibilities, which may involve attending board meetings, working with partners on strategic initiatives and managing internal processes as required.
- Spend time analysing real estate market trends and evaluating new investment opportunities.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Relevant experience in a real estate-related investment business
- Deep transactional experience and some exposure to asset management (ideally)
- Extensive knowledge of financial analysis, combined with strong attention to detail
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Highly collaborative team player
- Desire to learn and work in a growing organization
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in commercial real estate (or real asset), within investment management and/or investment banking, transaction advisory
- University degree (Finance related) with a record of excellent academic achievement
- CFA, CA or MBA are nice to have
- Additional European languages or Mandarin would be an asset
- Superior knowledge of software and analysis tools for the field, such as Excel, ARGUS and PowerPoint
- Some travel required
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our London offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.