Architect, Business Intelligence
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking an Architect, Business Intelligence, who will work as a resource for all activities related to the analytics centre of expertise. The incumbent must ensure that compliance with best practices when implementing solutions, propose innovative solutions, identify and prioritize opportunities for efficient data use, and develop and maintain analytical solutions with our partners. He or she will work in an agile delivery context.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As an Architect, Business Intelligence, you’ll
- Develop analytical solutions with our partners using a very high level of expertise in querying structured and unstructured data
- Define development standards for solutions
- Contribute to maintaining and developing business intelligence solutions
- Contribute to setting up our new data platform in Azure
- Disseminate best practices relating to BI governance
- Collaborate and share ideas with communities of practice
- Promote the BI centre of expertise among our partners
- Ensure quality in the delivery and documentation of development activities
- Work closely with the enterprise service bus support team to reinforce the administration, use and improvement of master data management
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
- Proven initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Drive to pursue excellence, challenge the status quo and seek out alternative perspectives
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
- A respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Minimum of seven to ten years of relevant experience, including five in business intelligence
- Good knowledge of the fields of finance and investing
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft BI suite (SSIS, SSAS)
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI and SSRS
- Knowledge in data modelling (relational and dimensional)
- Be familiar with Azure, Big Data, and Data Lake cloud solutions
- Knowledge of R, Matlab or Python languages, an asset
- Ability to train users
- Bilingual (French and English)
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.