Senior Analyst, Analytics, Portfolio Analytics and Investment Support
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking a Senior Analyst, Analytics, Portfolio Analytics and Investment Support to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. The incumbent will be part of an analytics team responsible for supporting public markets portfolio managers and traders by providing them with various analytics solutions. Through a deep understanding of the public markets investment strategies and the various financial instruments, the incumbent will contribute to put in place and support a coherent global offering of analytics solutions that will complement the investment process. At PSP, we embrace people that are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Senior Analyst, Analytics, Portfolio Analytics and Investment Support you’ll
- Work closely with the investment groups while gathering new requirements, gaining a deep understanding of their investment process and proposing analytics solutions to address these requirements in the most efficient way
- In collaboration with portfolio managers, develop statistical / quantitative analysis that will provide them with relevant information in their decision-making process
- Be responsible for producing various analytics reporting (such as performance, profit & loss, exposure, quantitative analytics, and others) while leveraging the different analytics solutions available and developing new ones
- Be responsible for the functional support of the different analytics solutions used by portfolio managers and traders, notably Bloomberg AIM (portfolio management functionalities, pricing models, risk monitoring capabilities, and other key analytics functionalities). Ensure proper documentation of these solutions
- Act as a subject matter expert concerning the needs of front office teams and actively participate in the entire delivery cycle of solutions, including requirements gathering, business analysis, solution design, implementation oversight, testing, and training. Represent the portfolio managers and traders in delivery meetings
- Liaise with the internal business partners, including but not limited to Performance Measurement, Valuation and Market Risk, Information Technology, and Enterprise Architecture
- Work to continuously improve analytics and financial markets knowledge, and monitor industry best practices
- Support the Director as required for various initiatives
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Superior level of proficiency with business software and analytical tools
- Aptitude for understanding complex investment principles and instruments
- Programming expertise
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Capacity to adapt, flexibility, able to work under pressure
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to look beyond surface facts and conduct comprehensive, fact-based, value-added research
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Open-mindedness and active listening skills
- A respect for differences of opinion and an inclusive mindset
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Master’s degree in relevant area (Financial Engineering, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related)
- Professional designation (CFA, FRM, PRM or CAIA) is an asset
- Technical requirements (MS Office, Excel, VBA, SQL, Matlab and Python)
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related working experience in the financial sector
- AI/Machine learning experience is a plus
- Language needs (French and English)
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.