Systems Analyst, IT Service Delivery
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking a Systems Analyst, IT Service Delivery, to partner with key stakeholders and peers to support and engage with our powerful networks of people, opportunities, and investments. At PSP, we embrace people who are eager to learn, ideate, and innovate people who strive for excellence, challenge the status quo and seek alternative perspectives. The incumbent will take part in the deployment of business solutions for the Investment Operations team, which includes the SimCorp Dimension application. He or she will provide support in the event of incidents or problems related to its supported applications, as well as ensure that the solutions are aligned with the company’s architectural directions. He or she will parameterize and develop the application to adapt it to the solution, and provide developers with support during the project design and deployment phases. The incumbent will also be responsible for preparing the required documentation.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Systems Analyst, IT Service Delivery, you’ll
- Draft and perform unit, functional, integrated and non-regression test scenarios
- Participate in upgrading implemented solutions
- Perform functional analysis and parameterization within the various projects assigned to him or her, help design solutions and make recommendations
- Provide business analysts and programmer analysts with support in the preparation of files, technical pre-requisites, interfaces and reports
- Provide complete and up-to-date documentation on the developed solution
- Comply with all applicable IT standards and procedures
- Participate in the deployment and evolution of the development methodology
- Promote best IT practices in his or her field of activity
- Actively participate and provide support in the event of incidents (daily, taking turns) related to the business technology solutions of the Investment Operations team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy
- Effective communications skills, both written and spoken, in French and English (impeccable)
- Attention to detail and rigorous approach to research, analysis and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively, cultivating meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Eagerness to learn, ideate and innovate
- Drive to pursue excellence, challenge the status quo and seek out alternative perspectives
- Respect for differences of opinion and inclusive mindset
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of experience in computer science
- Experience in finance, preferably investments, a strong asset
- Experience in basic query design in SQL and/or PL-SQL language
- Knowledge of ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) communication architecture
- Experience in designing functional test strategies
- Experience working in an SOA and microservice environment
- In-depth knowledge of all phases in applications and systems development
- Technical expertise with the SimCorp Dimension system, a major asset
- Knowledge of an event task manager
- Knowledge of the basic principles of information system security
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.