Senior Business Analyst
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
We’re seeking a Senior Business Analyst who will participate in analyzing clients’ needs using the source system and the ETL and reporting systems and in designing solutions aligned with the enterprise architecture. The incumbent will act as an advisor, helps clients find solutions and supports them in the development of their self-service solutions. In an Agile development framework, he or she will support developers during project design and development phases of elements related to product backlog items. The Business Analyst will perform or participate in testing. He or she will also be responsible for preparing clear and structured documentation. He or she will participate in the implementation and development of the analysis methodology and deliverables associated with the activities. Also, he or she will guide, coordinate and follow the team’s activities to ensure the engagements we had with the client is fulfilled. The business analyst will also be responsible to implement a pace that is sustainable and efficient for the team. Provide support to the team through leadership, and leading by example.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Senior Business Analyst, you’ll
- Understand in detail the operations and business processes of the Performance Measurement team.
- Gather, document and analyze users’ business needs.
- Turn business requirements into functional and configuration needs.
- Act as a Scrum Master by coordinating the activities of the team
- Ensure good communication between the various stakeholders (business and IT)
- Ensure an optimal match between business needs and team capacity
- Follow up on various user queries.
- Develop technological solutions, analyze their impacts and issue recommendations.
- Assist development teams in producing their deliverables and participate in developing strategies and plans for implementing the solution (development, testing, implementation and deployment).
- Support users regarding the business/technological solution certification as part of the development of the strategy, plan and user acceptance test cases.
- Participate in preparing user manuals.
- Participate actively in deploying solutions in production.
- Take responsibility for upgrading implemented solutions and provide support in the case of incidents or problems.
- Comply with all applicable IT standards and procedures.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Good understanding of the investment field and financial transactions, knowledge of performance measurement, an asset
- Solid ability to write management rules, functional specifications, strategies and test plans
- In-depth knowledge of all phases of application system development based on Agile methodologies (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Knowledge of Waterfall methodology
- Practical and detailed knowledge of methodologies in application development and software integration
- Knowledge of a reporting tool, an asset
- Knowledge of coordinating multidisciplinary teams
- Strong focus on internal client satisfaction and compliance with high quality standards
- Recognized for his or her drive, attention to detail, accountability, integrity, transparency, creativity, autonomy, and communication and teamwork skills
- Results-driven with solid analytical skills and a proven creative approach to problem-solving
- Excellent planning and time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to encourage quality (values continuous improvement and eliminates hindrances to quality)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to technology or combination of a college diploma and related experience
- Ten (10) years of experience in IT
- Bilingual (English and French), with solid oral and written communication skills in both languages
- Experience working in investments or finance, experience in performance measurement, an asset
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of data analysis experience in a Microsoft environment (T-SQL, SSAS)
- Experience integrating data into reporting and visualization tools
- Experience developing applications designed in-house and deploying business solutions based on Agile methodologies
- Implementation of solutions in the area of investment portfolio management
- Software package integration and interface development
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.