Director, Enterprise and Non-Investment Risk Management
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
Viewed as an expert in evolving industry, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Vice President of Enterprise Risk Management in helping lead ERM risk identification and ORM efforts within PSP Investments.
The qualified individual will assume responsibility for the continued development of an enhanced risk and ORM program spanning the business areas enterprise-wide. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned risk professional with specific experience developing innovative risk identification programs and risk strategies. Ideally, the incumbent demonstrates previous experience with reporting for various audiences including, Board of Directors, Risk Management Committees, and Executive Leadership.
- Oversee the organization’s yearly Risk and Control Self Assessment process, promoting risk identification and risk assessment initiatives conducted by first line risk managers.
- Work directly with PSP’s Business planning team, continuing to align risk identification with the annual setting of business and departmental objectives.
- Support VP in development of management and Board level survey and risk identification report.
- Develop and implement an Operational Risk Program (such as operational loss reporting and external risk monitoring), aligned with the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders across the organization driving and embedding an enhanced risk culture.
- Oversee the ongoing development and production of key reporting activities and drive the execution on relevant monthly and quarterly risk reporting under their responsibility and drive the development of KRI's at appropriate levels.
- Oversee the development of enhanced policies and procedures ensuring efficient risk coverage.
- Contribute to the continued enhancement of risk practices strategy, and methodologies.
- Serve as a key contributor to the requirements and implementation of the organization’s Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) program.
- Willingness to become involved in other areas such as team business planning, creation of external presentations and material for office of the CRO, various workgroups and other corporate initiatives.
- Post-secondary degree from a recognized university combined with a relevant experience
- Masters or equivalent, as asset
- A minimum of 10 to 12 years of specific subject matter expertise regarding Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Operational Risk Management (ORM) disciplines or any other relevant experience
Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth understanding of risk management practices and methodologies, including risk assessment
- Ability to collaborate extensively and to establish and maintain relationships with key internal departments and with external peers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English and French, with the ability to present various processes and ideas to PSP’s business lines (operational and investment) in a persuasive manner
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal accountability
- Ability to work well individually, and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation
Please note that this position is located at our Montreal offices.