Advisor, Data Management
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$153 billion of net assets. We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
Do you have what it takes to spot the edge?
The incumbent will report to the Director of Data Management team, who is responsible for defining and operationalizing governance over PSP’s enterprise data, particularly through the use of internal and corporate tools such as the central data warehouse (enterprise service bus). The Advisor is responsible for helping businesses implement data solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, clients and development teams.
- Assist service delivery teams in analyzing client specifications in terms of new and/or existing data domains.
- Document business requirements and translate into detailed data specifications.
- Collaborate on change management during the implementation of a new data domain.
- Assist in the formalizing of the data stewardship, standards, procedures and quality control.
- Dynamically maintain and manage priorities (if required escalade the issues of prioritization) of the features of the departmental backlog.
- Contribute to architectural design documents.
- Deliver the data migration strategy, data quality rules and other detailed deliverables in accordance with client specifications.
- Facilitate work sessions with multiple teams to define appropriate solutions.
- Assure the coherence between data features and related PBIs (Product Backlog Item) to the new data domain.
- Coordinate the process to obtain final approval for data feature and PBIs.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities for each data domain including determine the data custodians, data providers and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance or any related field (information technology, financial engineering, etc.)
- At least seven (7) years of experience in the capital markets industry with a general knowledge of public market investment products, alternative investment products as well as front office and back office environments
- Strong experience in data and project management
- Experience in Information technology and Information systems areas are suitable for the position
Knowledge & Skills
- Good understanding of operational processes, tools and capabilities for supporting data services
- Specific financial markets expertise required in reference and market data for multiple asset classes
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Strong ability in understanding financial management reporting, securities reference data systems and processes, investment products, portfolio management and investment concepts
- Focus on continuous improvement and quality
- Ability to organize and manage priorities
- Bilingualism required
- Client service oriented and able to work collaboratively across teams
- Results driven
- Consistent accuracy and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Office products and SQL
PSP Investments is an equal opportunity employer. PSP Investments does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Please note that this position is located in our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.